Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Joy of Serving

Today I spent the better part of my afternoon serving. Serving comes in many forms. Serving is something I like to do behind the scenes. I love serving in leadership, but I find Joy in serving my homeschool community. Today was a day of doing just that! I am currently working with (as a volunteer) Linda Oberg organzing the Tampa Bay Homeschool Conference & Expo. It is on February 6th, 2010 at the University Area Community Development Center. You can read all the up-to-date information on the Facebook page as well as the website above.

Finding Joy while serving others is one of those perks of serving. Sure doing laundry and getting dinner on the table is serving and sometimes a chore, but see it as a blessing that you can do this for your family. Serve with Joy!

As I said before, I enjoy serving my homeschool community. It wasn't so long ago that I had just completed my first book. I was travelling and speaking to numerous homeschool groups, conferences and book signings. It was a whirlwind of a year! But, I so enjoyed every moment of it! After that first few months of being gone more than being home, God spoke to me about serving my own homeschool community - the community where I live. I had served in leadership with the Pinellas Parent Educators Association for nearly six years. But God had another plan: moving us out of our beloved homeschool community to serve in another nearby area. God blessed me with the opportunity to serve once again in leadership with the South Hillsborough Christian Homeschoolers. Serving is an act of love. I don't know about you, but I find Joy in loving and being loved.

So think about finding a place of service, you will find Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment