Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Joy of Living in My Strengths

I started this blog back on January 1st, 2010.  I started it with the full intention of sharing my story - my joys!  Some days you read about our homeschooling adventures, while other days you can read about scrapbooking and the overall joy about my walk with the Lord.  Today I wanted to return to that orginal blog post on January 1st.

Today, I am reviewing my strengths.  Many months ago I took the Strengths Finder 2.0 test and finally had on paper a list of my strengths!  Sure we all know what we do well.  But, what about the satisfaction of knowing and seeing on paper a list with detailed descriptions of our strengths?  I have to say it is rather a cool thing to refelct on a list of things we do well, rather than a list of things we have to get done!  But you will see that one of my strengths includes the love of a goal!

So here it is for all the world to see, my list of strengths:

Input
People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.

Achiever
People who are especially talented in the Achiever theme have a great deal of stamina and work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and productive.

Relator
People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.

Learner
People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.

Significance
People who are especially talented in the Significance theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.

Why is it important to know our strengths?  For me, it falls back to one of my strengths!  Learner: I needed to know!  But seriously, I wanted to know to better use my strengths for serving my family, serving in leadership, and in building relationships.  For me, it also explains to me, why I do what I do. 

I love that God gave me these strengths.  I pray that I use these strengths to His glory and His plan!



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment