Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reading a new book....and putting it into practice!

I have always been a reader.  This past year I found that I read many more books than usual.  Today I wondered ...why? Staring at the titles on that stack of books...I realized I was looking for something in each of those books....looking for the answer to a question.  I wanted to know why...why had my heart hurt so deeply...why had I shed so many tears...why had I allowed myself to invest deeply...only to have been betrayed.  God knows....God knew....the reason.  I wanted  a neat and tidy answer to support my decision to never invest in another friendship again.  There!  I was focused on the negative....I was focused on the hurt...I was focused on the lies of three women.

I was wrong.  I forgot, no I dared not to trust God with my anger towards these women. I should have left this in his hands right from the beginning.  But I did not.  I was hurt...

I began reading, delving into great books...surrounding myself with great Christian authors.  Digging into the scripture.  While each of the books I read, brought me comfort and a closer walk with the Lord, my children and my husband....it still did not answer my question.


I found a book, aside from God's amazing word, that reminds me to focus on the goodness of God.  This book is life-changing and thought-changing.




One Thousand Gifts by Ann VosKamp.....is taking me on a journey.  A journey to forgive, to live every moment to the fullest, focusing on God's goodness!   This journey takes one to find one thousand gifts....

No comments:

Post a Comment